Sunday, May 17, 2020

Eh

So normally this is a fun week. Or at least a decent one. And this should have been a GREAT week. Instead Mother's Day, our 30th wedding anniversary and my birthday have all gone by with the blink of an eye. Sigh
Yes I am whining. I am complaining. I am sad. 
I know I really have nothing to be upset about. God has watched over us and somehow as usual has made good out of the bad. We are surviving. We are paying our bills. 
But I think sometimes we are allowed to feel a bit sorry for ourselves. For the loss of our normal lives. For the losses of others, like high school seniors who are missing their senior year. For the weddings that are being postponed and heaven forbid cancelled. For the hugs and hand holding that cannot happen right now. 
And right now I am feeling sorry for myself. 
My 30th wedding anniversary. That's a big one. We spent it home with chinese take out and champagne and Netflix. 
Mother's Day the kids all called, even M. I got a hug from the youngest. And called my mom. 
My birthday...well that is today. I am up early as usual. I do not expect much other than a phone call and  my Facebook blowing up with well wishes. 
I should be grateful for all that I have. 
But instead I am sad for what I am missing. I am crying over nothing. 
Social Distancing sucks

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had a pity party on Mothers Day too. I guess it's the only kind of party we're allowed to have nowdays!

    ReplyDelete