Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving 2.0

 Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was surprisingly nice. The only fault I have with it is that our oldest and his wife were not here. 

M got his first real Thanksgiving in over 4 years. Last Thanksgiving they ran out of food at the brig so he had mashed potato's. This year I made everything he loves and made sure he got plenty! 

In years past we have had the entire family of 30+ people over. This year I decided we were going small. Due to the flu we went from 6 to 12, but I am ok with that. We had a relaxing day, too much to eat and time out by the fire with drinks before cutting into the pies. M had his first drink in 3 years! 

It was good. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you had this day. Never mind the rest of them, your family is now together. I hope that your eldest son has started to come around and support his brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes our oldest is fine again. It did not take long fortunately.

      Delete