Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Stress and shutting up

 He has decided he is ok to change his meds when he wants to to try to diagnose side effects. His mother apparently approves and I get shut down when I disagree. I am so tired. I can't say anything anymore. He knows better than the doctors. He Googles it and finds something that agrees with him and that is what he goes with. He rants to his mother constantly because I am sick of it and attempt to shut him down. He just does not get it. I know he wants to be in control of his own body, his own healing, meds etc. But he won't trust the doctors. He just keeps going rouge and I can't say anything without getting accused of micro-managing and not understanding. I can't seem to say anything right anymore. So I shut up and he thinks I am angry with him. I am really not, I am just tired. I can't go through that again. I can't wait to find out if he is going to live again. He will never understand. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, and you will be the one left holding the bag if things don't work out. I am sorry that you are going through so much. How are things with your sons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he is finally coming around. I get that he is not used to having to rely on others but it is frustrating.
      The boys are doing really well. M has a job in custom cabinetry, which he loves and M has a job in sheet metal. We also just had a new grandbaby born by our oldest! So there is light!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on your new little one. It will be wonderful for the other little guy to have a brother. He is now the big brother! I am happy that your oldest and his wife are sticking it out, despite how they started. Sometimes things do happen for a reason.

      Delete
    3. They are trying. Which is all we can hope for. Big brother is in love with his baby brother :)

      Delete