Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Faith and Assholes

 The asshole being our oldest son. Sigh

I love him, don't get me wrong. But he can and is a real asshole. 

Our Faith is very important to us and it was to him when he was young, before his life went in a direction where he is not happy due to decisions he has made and drugs that has done. Now he has decided that there is no God and anyone who believes in Him is an idiot and deserves his mockery and derision. 

Honestly it is painful. We raised our sons to be strong in Faith. There has been so many times when prayers were answered and miracles happened that we would be blind to not believe. 

Hubby and I have both given him over to God. Somehow we were praying for the same thing in church one morning. And we know that nothing we can do will turn him around. Only God can do that. I am not sure how He will do it, but we know He will. Until then we will continue to pray and continue to look for the day when he is called by God to follow Him again. 

It will happen. God always prevails.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to have 'met' you. I appreciate your comments and insight.

    ReplyDelete