Saturday, December 26, 2020

Points of joy

About 10 years ago the diamond fell out of my wedding ring while we were camping. I discovered it on the way home and was legit inconsolable, we went back to search for it. I don't have a big stone, I never wanted one, so that made it harder to find. By some miracle we found it in the sheets of our bed. When we got home Hubby had to cut the ring off of my finger which of course did not go over well. I started wearing my 5th anniversary ring as a replacement until we could afford to get it fixed. Never realizing we would go through some difficult years making it impossible.
Fast forward to yesterday when I open a music box engraved with a quote that we have signed every card and letter with, playing You are my Sunshine, which is the song we sung with the boys from the time they were babies. Que the beginning of ugly cry. The next box did me in completely. I could not get my anniversary ring off fast enough.
This year was our 30th wedding anniversary. I can't imagine spending my life we anyone else.

M called yesterday evening as well. He sounded good. They got ham and hot chocolate for dinner. They have been building plexiglass barriers (Covid) in wood shop and he said they finally finished those so now he can get back to building other things. The parole hearing in DC is January 13th, so hopefully that will go well.

 

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, glad you and your hubby are sticking together through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how else to contact you directly, but I wanted to invite you to be part of a survey I created where I'm trying to pull together real-life experiences of what it's like for parents when they discover a child has committed a sexual offense. I'm not sure how it will shape up but I'm hoping to somehow give us a voice, a place to refer others when they find they are in our shoes, and/or a place for friends, family , or professionals to go and read confidential accounts to maybe understand us a bit better.
    So here it is if you're interested at any point: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RME0wEFiq_Eotlw_YHOjZGF5hkCvLymWFKB6HadViHA/edit

    ReplyDelete