Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Hugs

One of the things I miss the most about M is his hugs. He was always the most affectionate child. Always ready with a huge hug and an "I love you Mom". As a baby he was the sleep one who would snuggle close and fall asleep in my arms. He would just climb into my lap for snuggles at random times.

Our oldest and youngest are not like that. LOL! 

Our oldest is a rare one to give a hug and never initiates it. He was the baby who would twist and turn and push away from you even at birth. He gives side hugs and is much more serious. He is so much like his father.

Our youngest is a bit different. He is highly empathetic and emotional. But he tries to hide it. He hates that he is so emotional. When he was little he would yell at us if his brothers got in trouble. He has never been that terribly affectionate but would tolerate a hug. 

There has been a change in our youngest this past year. J will often walk up to me and ask if I want a hug! This is so unlike him. I am wondering if M said something to him. Or if his empathy knows that Mom just needs a hug.  

He gives huge hugs like M. 

I like this change in him.



2 comments:

  1. I feel you. What I miss most about my son are his sweet manner and hugs, and his laughter. He has such a great sense of humor, I love nothing more in life than laughing with him. I doubt I'll see him or talk to him at Christmas, but I did receive a card today reassuring me that this couple is in contact with him and he seems to be doing well. I'll take that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we have to take the small things in place of the large and hope for the large in the future.

      Delete