Monday, May 15, 2023

Another Mothers Day in the Books

 And why some people should not drink!

It was good. I guess too good to be true. 

We decided to invite the family to a grill out. Casual, nothing fancy. More people ended up coming than we thought and it was still fine. We had a good time. Hung out on the deck. Had a couple of drinks, nothing major. We laughed we talked. The kids had a blast playing together in what seemed to have been forever. My BIL even came with his kids (Not the wife, she wanted alone time). 

It was good. 

My BIL was the last to leave. He had gotten sillier and sillier and I really had not paid attention until everyone else was gone. He had brought two bottles of booze, one for me for mothers day and one to drink, fine. Well what we did not realize is that he had almost finished off a fifth of gin by himself. At one point we thought/assumed that he had switched to water. We were wrong. His daughter actually took his last two drinks from him, which he did not seem to notice. 

The kids had never seen their father drunk, so this was new to them. Our niece just told her younger brothers that he had to much silly juice and little kids that they are they did not think much of it. We got the kids settled down to watch a movie and BIL passed out in a chair. Sunday was a school night of course and it was getting late. So hubby and I decided that I would drive BILs car with the kids since that is where their car seats were and take them home and Hubby would follow with BIL in our car. This way if he got sick the kids would not see it. 

I left with the kids while Hubby and M got BIL into our car. He fought and screamed that I was taking his children away from him. They finally got him in the car. He cussed out his brother, my husband, tried to get out of the car while it was moving, screamed and yelled and threatened to kill my husband and also cried about how he wanted to die and what a terrible father he was. This happened the entire way to his house. He apparently called me every name in the book because I was "taking his kids from him". They arrived after I did. He brushed past me saying he would never see me again, kicked their dog and slammed into the garage to pass out.

Happy Mothers Day to me. Sigh

I am not sure what we could/should have done differently. Our SIL is the one who has not been speaking to us but even she feels bad. I messaged her this morning asking if he was okay and she said he did not even remember last night. So I made sure to tell her. 

It's just not worth it. To have a great day go to shit like that. I am not sure he could apologize enough to make me want to see him again. Hubby feels the same.  

I'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment