Monday, December 2, 2019

A Letter!

We got a letter!
It took all three of us to read it. The waterworks started almost immediately.
He starts out by apologizing to the whole family for putting us through this. And promising to make it as right as he can.
He sounds like the same M that we know and love. He is like my twin. He has a hard time staying down for too long. He was always one to make the best of any situation.
He told us a bit about prison life.
Boring. He says they sit on their beds wrapped in their blankets most of the day because there is nothing to do, but also because it is so cold. He says they keep the AC at 45-50 degrees. His "bed" is a 2 inch pad on a steel plank. The food is terrible, "fake" meat. Fortunately he can gets snacks at the commissary with the money I was able to send him. He was always a very picky eater, so I know he will lose some weight. His cellmate is a Christian as well so they have had quite a few conversations about faith. I am grateful for that.
He will be in state prison for another 20 ish days before they move him to a military prison.
I know I probably sound like an excited mother getting a letter from her child who is at camp.
I am not "excited" or even "happy", my child is not in camp, he is in prison. He is in prison for viewing and sharing pictures he never should have had access to.
I can't ever forget that.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I'm so glad you have finally gotten word that he is OK and have a bit of relief. Stay strong. Things will get easier. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe "relieved" is the word? Anyway, so glad you have heard from him and he's as "OK" as you could hope for.

    ReplyDelete