Saturday, January 25, 2020

And there he is

We got a voicemail yesterday morning that M had arrived at the Brig.
There are mixed emotions going on. I am glad he is where is "supposed" to be, but sad that he is where he is "supposed" to be.
Everything makes me cry lately. I think the combination of the added stress of hubby working nights and M being where he is is taking a toll on my emotions. I am in borderline tears all the time. I just can't get them in check. I want my old self back. The person who was always upbeat and optimistic.
I miss that person.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear at least he made it and he was able to contact you. I was thinking of him being transported and that he must have been savoring his last views of the world for awhile. Is the Brig on a ship?

    I know what you mean about wishing you were your old self. Sometimes I forget what it was like to be my old self. It sure is hard to recover when it's just one thing after another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is reassuring to know he is there. He did not actually call, it was a sergeant. Now to wait for him to be in the system so that I can supply him with phone call money.
      No the brig is not on a ship, it is a regular base.
      Yep, the hits just keep on coming. It would be nice to get a break.

      Delete